The first Ring Balance meter was built in Chicago, IL in 1940. The design was purchased by the Hagan Instrument Company, and manufacturing operations were moved to Orrville, OH.
In 1963, Westinghouse bought Hagan. This division of Westinghouse was acquired by Siemens in 1997, and manufacture of Ring Balance meters was moved to Oakdale, PA.
In 1999, Process Instruments purchased the Ring Balance line from Siemens. Process Instruments now provides parts, repair and technical support for Ring Balance and related products.